As this year started with a lot of commotion due to the outbreak of the deadly corona virus and the whole world has come to a standstill for a while still there are some great car launched amidst this situation. As there was a major economic setback for many country including India during the lockdown period like others automobile industries has also seen their share of economic drop in the market. But the season of festivity brought light in this dark hours. There is some noticeable spike in the sale rate since the month of November during the festivity all over Indian. Also to hold on to this market many automobile brands have come up with back to back new launches and this left the Indian buyers with a range of choices this year. As SUV is the now in trend and also the leading car variant for many buyers there is obviously a lot of options to choose from.
List of top SUVs Launched in 2020
- Hyundai Creta: this is a leading choice for many SUV lovers since its launch in the market. Widely appreciate and loved by many user this car includes some highlighting features like a 10.25 inch touch screen infotainment system with directional features, a panoramic sunroof which give a feel of more openness inside the car, Bose sound system, a air purifier etc. Also the price of this SUVs starts from 9.82 lakh and offers both petrol and diesel engine and gearbox option to choose from.
2. Mahindra Thar: another blockbuster launch of the year which got unveiled in the October month this year. The main highlighting factor in this car is its capability to run both on road and off road driving. Available in both petrol and diesel engine get the option of both manual and automatic gearbox which makes this car that much easier and fun to handle. Prices starting from 9.80 lakh the buyer have to wait for at least seven to eight month before getting the car.
3. Kia Sonet: this car gained popularity before even it got launched in India. This SUV is every that one desire in there SUV the driving experience, cabin full of features and it’s amazing design and look make this car stand out. Except for the shortage in the rear seat space this car have everything with add on segment- first features like the wireless connection, sound mood lighting, ventilated seat and a big 10.25 infotainment system. The car comes with the starting price of 6.72 lakh.
4. Toyota Urban Cruiser: under the joint venture of Maruti Suzuki this car is the second rebadged model by them. With not much changes in the facial design both in the interior and exterior of the car this car come with a 1.5 litre K15B petro, engine with a five speed gearbox with both automatic and manual transmission. The price for this SUV compact starts with a price of 8.41 lakh rupee.
5. MG Gloster: this full size SUV comes in a price of Rs 29.96 lakh. Comes with a 2.0 litre diesel engine, also with a spacious interior and hardy design, four wheel drive system on demand, level-one advanced driver assistant system is first in class. Although already 20,000 booking this year this car is sold out and scheduled to arrive in the next year with fresh product.
These SUVs are some of the leading car in the line of SUV choices launches this year in India. Other than this five SUV there are also models Toyota Urban cruiser, Nissan Magnite or MG Hector Plus which are also very popular among Indian buyers.